Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sometimes boycotts backfire.

I was going grocery shopping after work today and I saw someone selling girl scout cookies at the entrance and I remembered that someone had argued that people should boycott the cookies because the Girl Scouts of America had allowed a transgendered girl to join. 

I haven't bought Girl scout cookies in years, though I don't know why because they are super fucking awesome, but remembering that made me decide to buy some to peeve off the people who think there is something wrong with the choice....oh, and also the cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to see this little piece of propaganda making the rounds?

    http://www.pochoblog.com/assets/2012/01/379429_509794751411_134000111_30118414_364352984_n.jpg

    I found it absolutely hilarious because, when I was in girl scouts, we made pot holders and sang songs about friendship. It sucked. If this little infographic is even remotely true, then it sounds like the GSUSA has gotten much cooler! I wholeheartedly support this shift in focus and will continue to buy their addictive substances. I mean cookies.

    ReplyDelete