Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Forget Employers Refusing to Cover Contraception. Arizona Bill Would Allow Them to Fire You For Using It

Forget Employers Refusing to Cover Contraception. Arizona Bill Would Allow Them to Fire You For Using It
Arizona House Bill 2625, authored by Majority Whip Debbie Lesko, R-Glendale, would permit employers to ask their employees for proof of medical prescription if they seek contraceptives for non-reproductive purposes, such as hormone control or acne treatment.
Yes folks this is my state, apparently they want to make it totally cool for your employer to dig into your personal life to make sure you aren't doing anything that violates your employers moral values.

Seriously, what the fuck people?  You're employer should not have the right to ask for this sort of information, your medical coverage is between you and your doctor and as long as it does not impact your job it is none of your employer's business.

1 comment:

  1. I've already decided that if this passes, I will be sure to announce all goings-on within my uterus to anyone and everyone. It will be like my lady-bits have their own Twitter account. In my experience, men get extremely uncomfortable when women begin discussing their menstrual cycles. I, on the other hand, would be more than happy to sing about it.

    Yes, the author of the bill is a woman. But I figure 2 weeks of uterine Twitter updates and the men of Arizona will demand that the bill be overturned.

    ReplyDelete