Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This is not the way to do things people.

So I ran into this the other day.  Read, through the posts, I'll give you some time.


Now, I don't really care what rock these people crawled out from under, I don't care if they believe in god or not and I certainty don't care if they think of themselves as rational.

Whether you agree with things said on skepchick or not is irrelevant.

I wish that all of us as fellow god damn human beings could at least agree that joking about raping someone or assaulting them because you disagree with them  (and I damn well hope it was just a joke) makes you an awful, or perhaps just painfully self absorbed, person.

Of course some people on the site did not back this guy up, but there were far too many people making excuses for this sort of stuff.  Such as people who suggested it's all the woman's fault for not being tough enough to laugh off abusive statements and etc etc.....blah blah blah. 

For fucks sake people, stop making the atheist/skeptic movements look stupid.

Update 8/2/2012:  The person who made the initial post on this page apparently apologized for the joke.  Though did not change his position towards skepchick or feminist issues in general as far as I know.  But he did apologize and I felt it was worth updating this post to reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment